Ten weeks...that's how long it took me to make this shawl. Now granted, I also finished two pair of socks in that same time period, but I think it's safe to say, "This shawl took forever!"
I took the shawl with us on our recent weekend away hoping that I would be able to get some good photos of it. I also snapped a lot of photos of the local flowers.
The shawl is very large. This photo shows my favorite sequence in the yarns I used.
The lavendar smelled heavenly and was so pretty in bloom.
Wisteria is one of my favorite blooms. I am always amazed at how high it grows and how thick the trunk of the plant can get. I've heard it can thrive for decades and decades.
When choosing the yarn for this shawl I was very impatient, so I started with a dark charcoal that I had in my stash and then would shop for each new yarn as I needed it. Bad decision! I had a hard time finding yarn to fade according to the pattern directions, so after the second yarn I changed directions in my idea of where to take the colors. Instead of going from charcoal to grey to white, I introduced burgundy, pinks and purples.
The flowers in Cambria were the perfect backdrop to my shawl. I ended up really liking the color combination and the way each yarn melted into the next.
I think I might plant some of these plants in my garden. I first need to find out what they are called. I'll be making a trip to the garden center this week.
This shawl is another finish on my first quarter Finish Along list.
1. Madelinetosh 100% Superwash Merino color Dirty Panther
2. The second segment...I can't find the tag
3. Spun Right Round 80% Superwash Merino wool 20% Nylon color Naughty or Nice
4. Madelinetosh 100% Superwash Merino wool color Tosh Loves Stephen
5. BAAH La Jolla 100% Superwash Merino wool color Rose Bouquet
6. Malabrigo Superwash Merino wool color Violeta Africana
7. House of A La Mode Bangin' Cash Sock 80% Superwash Merino wool 10% Cashmere 10% Nylon color Midnight's Moon
8. BAAH Sonoma 100% Superwash Merino wool color S"Mores
Needles: Addi Turbo 32" circular size 6
Finished size: 107" tip to tip and 27" from the point to the top of the shawl.