I started with this mess.
I have finally finished re-organizing my fabrics. I have them all sorted by color and have weeded out all the little scraps and leftovers from previous quilts and put them into a box. I have a separate box for projects (
20 21, to be exact) that are already planned out, or fabrics that go together, but no pattern in mind. There are also a few patterns in that box, but no fabrics for them yet.
I have 4 UFO’s, which I think is pretty darn good compared to the number I have read that a lot of people have left unfinished.
One is my son’s quilt that he started sewing a while ago and lost interest in finishing.
Another is a pieced photo quilt, which I lost interest in finishing.
Then there is a strip quilt made with left over fabrics from a quilt I made my goddaughter in 2004. It just needs border and bindings.
And last, my first hand appliquéd quilt that I need to remove the borders from and finish.
One thing I have learned from being a scrapbooker for almost twenty years is do not get emotionally caught up in buying too much product (whether it be paper or fabric) ahead of time. When I first began quilting I did get caught up in over buying. Now I look at some of these fabrics and say to myself, “What was I thinking”…I think there’s a song with those words in it.
I have three quilts at the quilter right now. I have the binding fabrics ready to finish those quilts when they return.
So now my fabric and pattern stash looks like this:
Today I feel like I can start one of my planned projects but which one?
Here is a list of what I have:
1. Hexagon Park by Camille Roskelley made with Giddy
2. Fruit and Vegetable printed fat quarters
3. Square One using Petite Ecole
4. Placemats using Java Panel by Moda fabrics
5. Misc mug rugs made with Java
6. A quilt called Les Calanques (I bought the fabric in Nimes, France several years ago).
7. Glory Garden Flag
8. ½ yard each of 7 fabrics from Urban Owls by Kaufman fabrics
Brown and aqua fabric for a market bag Completed 2/27/11
10. 7 fat quarters of navy and white fabrics bought in Amsterdam years ago.
11. 9 fat quarters of muted blues, browns and yellows also purchased in Amsterdam.
- A Central Park jelly roll
- Blessings kit by Quilt-n-Piece
- Madeleine’s Lemonade Stand kit
- A quilt of the month called All Around the Town. I’ve made one square, but it’s major applique and I need to know I can take my time with this one and not have to make it all at once.
- SINGLE GIRL QUILT pattern that I love but no fabric has spoken to me yet for this one.
- Hooked on Hankies panel and yardage for my mom
- Construction panel and yardage for a little boy
- I also want to use that box of scraps and design some sort of original scrap quilt.
- A pattern for a really cute bag
- Buttercup table runner and placemats by Fig Tree Quilts added 2/28/11