That's right, you are seeing correctly...I, a fairly new blogger,
have been awarded a Stylish Blogger Award.
I opened my email today and saw a note from a new blogging friend.
Thank you to Annabella, whom I met when we both joined
This is what Annabella said about me. I am so touched...
"Diane at Random Thoughts - Do or `Di` looks one stylish lady and has a handsome husband too (Mr. Romance), beautiful grandchildren, makes wonderful quilts, crochets, shares fabulous recipes and takes lovely photos. In her own words, she has a blessed life. Diane is someone else I met through the Fresh Sewing Day...thanks Lynne!"
Lynne wanted her readers to share a sewing project
and to do some blog hopping.
Thanks to Lynne, I have met some lovely people and read some great blogs as a result.
Now, I must link back to Annabella's blog Life's Rich Pattern,
1. I met Mr. Romance on a blind date. We've been married for 39 years (this June).
2. Another of my passions is gardening, with an emphasis on heirloom tomatoes.
3. I have watched The Thomas Crown Affair, starring Pierce Brosnan, at least 100 times. We're talking small crush here!
4. I could eat cake three times a day, but have recently given up carbs. Picture very sad face here :-(
5. I was a bank teller before I was a mom.
6. I want to research my Polish ancestry, but have reached a dead end, because we don't know in what city of Poland my grandparents were born.
7. I have been trying to learn Italian for 5 years...just because I want to speak it. But, I tend to mix up Italian, Spanish and English and have created my own language, called "Spengtalian"
The next part of this is I have to nominate 6 recently discovered blogs
which I think fit the title of Stylish Blogger Award.
Since I am a "random" blogger, all the blogs I have chosen
are not limited to one theme.
Some are new bloggers and some are not so new, but are new to me.
1. The first is Monika over at My Sweet Prairie. She makes the most beautiful thread paintings I have ever seen and pulls her inspiration from her love of the Canadian prairie, where she lives. Monika also quilts, is a mom and has a cool fabric postcard swap going on.
2. Jill at Jillsey Girl has an amazing blog. Her photos inspire me along with her challenges and games, she keeps me always thinking.
3. Next is my sister Geri's blog, My Heart Art . I nominate her not because she is my sister, but because she is so creative and draws the loveliest angels. You really must check out her art.
4. A Quilt, Maybe. I don't know much about her except that she is a new blogger and very talented. is a Polish quilter who I discovered through Lynne's blog also. You can check out her lovely creations at
5. Judith at Needles and Lemons is a new quilter and you won't believe her talent. She is so creative and already designs her own quilts! She also has another passion, fine art photography, lives in England and can knit.
6. The last is Rosie from Sweetapolita. Rosie is not a new blogger, nor does she have only a few followers, but what she does have is major skills with sugar, cake batter and fondant. To say it simply...she fulfills my cake cravings everyday with her beautiful cakes and other confections. She has a lovely way of writing, her photography skills are impeccable and she has two very cute little "Cakelets".
That's it. I have been honored to be a part of this and now I
pass this on. I hope you will all check out
the blogs I have featured.