Friday, October 28, 2011

Beebolt Block finish


I finished the Beebolt block with the fabrics we were given in our swag bags at the Sewing Summit. This is a great idea...we were each given a little packet of fabric squares and told to make any block we wanted, 8.5" square. I decided on wonky stars, but I am terrible at quilt math and so it ended up measuring 9.5" square, thus the odd sized blocks within the block, I had to trim it to make it the correct size. But, I have to admit, I love this block.
All the blocks will be made into a quilt or two, to be auctioned off at the second annual Sewing Summit, next year. All the proceeds will be going to Project Linus. I enjoy making these blocks or small projects for charity. I think I might join a charity bee.


Thanks for stopping by,

"di"