A while ago I linked up with Sarah FairyFace Designs to say what my plans for my Winter Stitching would be. Being accountable, this is my mid-winter accountability post. Although by my calendar mid-winter isn't until February 4th.
So here is my list, in no particular order:
1. Finish binding my Across the Seas QAL and mail it to my sister-in-law. Natasha received and loves her quilt. She has completed her 3rd of 4 rounds of chemo and will be so glad when it is all over.
2. Make a mini quilt for my secret partner in the Post Sewing Summit Swap. I made my first ever mini-quilt. It was well received.
3. Make a block with the beebolt fabrics we were given at Sewing Summit. The blocks will be made into a charity quilt and displayed at the Summit next year. Done
4. Refashion our Sewing Summit canvas bag into another bag for a contest on Flickr. Just blogged about this here. Not only did I finish this project but I won the competition!
5. Make a practice block and choose fabrics for my month (January) as queen in the NewBee on the Block bee. I want to make a "X and +" quilt like this one. I am becoming a bit of a Leila fan. I love everything she makes! I mailed out fabrics in December and have already started receiving some finished blocks in the mail. This deserves a separate post when they are all received.
|photo from Where the Orchids Grow|
6. Finish my Swoon quilt. I have 3 blocks finished, 6 more to go. Katy I'm a Ginger Monkey started a QAL on Flickr and she has 600 members. This was just the incentive I needed to get back to this quilt. I have made 2 more blocks.How cool is it that there are 600 people all over the world making the same quilt at the same time?
7. Finish Baby Carrot's quilt. She's due in a month. Harper Nowak was born 11-11-11. The quilt was mailed off a week or two after she was born.
8. Make Drunkard's Path quilt following along with Kate's QAL. NOPE, didn't get to this.
9. Keep up with the New Bee on the Block bee. I'm the queen this month, so no sewing for me.
10. Make 3x6 bee blocks for the new quarter. Finished and mailed last week.
11. And let's not forget all the sewing projects I will be adding at the last minute for Christmas gifts. Lots of pouches, purses and little clutches. I ended up making something small for everyone on our Christmas list.
Winter Sewing Round-up...I give myself a pat on the back.
I have joined several swaps, QAL and agreed to participate in 2 blog hops in the next month. I'm going to be a busy gal. Throw in a girl's trip getaway and a visit to our son in Arizona and February is already gone!
Thanks for stopping by,