I'm doing a quick post while away on my annual girl's scrapbooking trip in Washington.
Here are my finishes and works in progress for the month of January.
- I was so happy to finish the drapery panels for #4 son. They were easy but not the fun sewing I like to do. I will be happy when I see them hung in his loft.
- Two more blocks finished for Katy's Swoon-along. Now I have 5 completed of the 9 needed to make this quilt. You can still join the QAL. For information just click the button on my sidebar.
- I made and have sent off 15 + and x blocks for a Flickr swap.
- 6 bee blocks sent off to my 3x6 bee. I did a block called Linda's Star.
- I chose my fabrics for the Mouthy Stitches swap. (see sidebar) And finished the pouch.
- Started Jeni's BOM half-square triangles. I love the first block. (see sidebar if you want to join)
- I also made my first English Paper Pieced block in the Rose Star group on Flickr.
- I chose my fabrics for the For the Love of Solids swap. So far I have tons of positive remarks on the color palette from loads of people, all except my partner. Partner oh partner, where are you?
- I made two honey cowls. This knitting thing is becoming a fun night time, tv watching project.
- And my first quilt finish of the year. The Strawberry Fields quilt for my sweet friend, Mim, whom I am visiting right now.
|My zip pouch for my Mouthy Stitches partner|
Here are a few of the pages that I completed.
I am doing this album pretty minimalist because it's not easy working on the laptop, the screen is too small to really do a lot.
But, I think we are having more fun talking, eating, and drinking wine anyway.
I'm linking this post with Lynne and Lee.
Thank you both for doing these monthly link up parties and allowing us to be inspired by so many beautiful creations.
Thanks for stopping by,