Highlights of this week:
1. This week I got to go wedding dress shopping with a dear friend and her daughter. It was so fun to do girly stuff for a day.
2. I finished quilting the Patchwork Chevron quilt. As soon as I finish the binding I will do a proper photo shoot and tell you all the stats.
3. Mr. Romance and I are taking country partner dance lessons. We have had three lessons so far. We can do the Texas Two-Step, the Desperado and the Cowboy Cha-Cha. It's really fun and gives us another thing to cross off our life list. We've always wanted to learn the dances we see done at country bars. Next on our list will be ballroom dance lessons. Dancing With The Stars look out!
4. I made a cake today. It's a layer cake, one spice layer, one vanilla layer. Then I frosted it with a boiled chocolate frosting. This is what the magazine photo looked like. Perfectly sized layers, nice thick frosting.
This is my version. Not quite as pretty. Does anyone else have trouble bringing boiled sugar to the 232'F temperature? Any help here would be appreciated. I use an All-Clad pot; should I be using something different? It seems I can't get the temperature to go above 220'F, consequently the frosting was a bit too runny. But, the cake tastes really good.
Here is the link to the recipe if you want to make one of your own. I did not use the walnuts called for in the recipe to decorate the outside of the cake because I'm allergic to them.
5. I entered my HST pillow in Megan's Festival of HST. The finalists will be announced tomorrow. I don't have much hope that I will be among the finalists, but pop over to her blog tomorrow and vote for your favorite.
7. My friend posted this poster on Facebook this week. I like it a lot. Isn't it sweet?
How was your week?