Another month has flown by. This time I am amazed at how much I finished in this month being that I was on vacation for a large portion of the month. To be quite honest, I was itching to get back to my machine.
I was several blocks behind in the Virtual Quilting Bee (and I still am behind) but I made a good effort to get caught up. These are blocks 8,9, and 10. I still need to make the solid versions of #8 and #9.
I got a little bored with the bee blocks so I switched it up and started chopping up all of my friend's Hawaiian shirts to make into a memory quilt for his family. A St. Louis 16 Patch seemed like a good idea to show off all the prints in the shirts. I was able to cut 10-12 4" strips from each shirt and ended up with enough to make a large quilt top. This was the time consuming part, but I was quite pleased with how nice the fabrics were to sew with. They were all good quality shirts and after a good starching they were easy to cut apart and into strips.
This is what remain of the shirts.
And here is the top all pieced together. Now I need to choose a backing for it.
It measures 84"x84" in a 6x6 layout.
I am behind in my Stitch Tease blocks for Di and have joined another swap...so August is going to be a month of getting caught up.
Linking up to Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day.