Thursday, September 18, 2014

IKEA to the Rescue

Back in March we took down our very heavy, old drapery panels while we did some remodeling and decorating. New dark wood floors and a new wall color meant that we would not be hanging the red printed, very heavy looking drapes again. The room has looked bare while we finished the painting and then we got into wedding prep mode and I never looked for replacement panels. 

 
I knew I wanted while linen panels. I looked online and at a few local stores but I was not willing to pay a lot of money and I sure as heck did not want to make them. IKEA to the rescue. These panels were $110 for all 7, with one to spare. 

I need to hem them, but that is a minor problem to have to deal with. My friend, Cindy, assures me it is an easy fix by using the blind hem stitch on my Bernina. I have made drapes before, and I am so happy not to have to sew all those boring panels. I have hung them all to make sure to mark each one seperately, so they will all hang evenly. I'm sure all the rods are not at the exact same height.

It looks so strange to see drapes hanging in the room, after not having anything for for 6 months.It will look even better when they are hemmed.