I made a tunic. Please tell me it doesn't look like a tablecloth! I just love gingham fabric and found this twill weight gingham at IKEA last year. I pre-washed it and it really has a lovely weight and feel, like a high quality fabric, so I decided to make the Green Bee Lela Tunic and Blouse pattern. I have had the pattern for several years. It was part of a swag bag from a retreat I went to...I think.
I wanted to make contrasting facings and this Rifle Paper Company for C&S fabrics was a perfect choice. Another design element I changed was to cut the yoke and lower sleeve cuff on the bias.
Ugh! See that little spot of orange at the top of the slit...the iron away marking pen didn't disappear. I'm probably the only one who would know except now you all know, too!
I cut a size medium yoke and then graded out the rest of the pattern through the hips to the extra -large size. I probably should have shortened it through the waist length and then I would have been OK fitting a large through the hips and adding back the length on the bottom. I wish independent pattern makers would mark the suggested waist and give a back waist length measurement. This is my biggest frustration with making my own clothes. I am so short-waisted and need this measurement to get the best fit.