The first was the striped pair. I like the fun stripes in the yarn. I decided to use a plain aqua for the toe, heel and ribbing on the cuff. I made the after-thought heel on this pair, which was both fun and stressful. I had a little bit of difficulty picking up the stitches. I find I learn something evey time I make a pair of socks. This time I learned that if I use a thicker waste yarn, it's a little easier to pick up the stitches when it comes time to make the heel.
The green socks are one of my Finish-Along projects for this second quarter of 2017. Holy cow, this year is flying by way too fast!
This pair was a simple, no frills, stockinette stitch. I tried to make them a bit fancy by changing the ribbing on the cuff.
I also dropped my needle size from a 2.5 mm 24" circular needle to a 2.25 mm and I think the fit is better for my foot.
I started another pair of socks last week and will have them finished soon.